Summary of best apps for medical students
1. Medscape (Rating of 4.6 out of 5)
2. UpToDate (Rating of 4.6 out of 5)
3. Dorlands Medical Dictionary (Rating of 4.5 out of 5)
4. Touch Surgery (Rating of 4.1 out of 5)
5. MDCalc (Rating of 4.7 out of 5)
6. WikiMed (Rating of 4.6 out of 5)
7. Teach Me Anatomy (Rating of 4.6 out of 5)
8. Epocrates (Rating of 4.3 out of 5)
9. Daily Rounds (Rating of 4.7 out of 5)
10. Pocket Medbook (Rating of 4.5 out of 5)
Rating: 4.6/5 (Google Play Store)
Free to use
Alerts about FDA approvals, conference news, and late-breaking clinical trial data
Adequate drug information.
It contains medical conditions with introduction, pathogenesis, clinical features, investigations and management.
Essential procedures with detailed instructions and step-by-step videos
Rating: 4.6/5 ( Google PlayStore)
It contains information from all the specialties and sub-specialties which are regularly updated. The guidelines are added from almost all the major governing bodies. Recently, it has become the must trusted medical app for doctors worldwide.
You need to have an individual or institutional subscription to access content on UpToDate. If you are a student in a low-income country or work in resource-limited settings, you can apply for a free UpToDate subscription here.
- Enhance your understanding of all the current medical terminology in your field by relying on the most comprehensive and highly respected medical dictionary, bringing you more than 120,000 well-defined entries and 1500 clear illustrations.
- Listen to 35,000 audio pronunciations.
- NEW! With the addition of a convenient Home page, a sleeker and more intuitive visual layout, as well as innovations in the speed of searches you can delve right in faster and easier than ever!
The award winning surgical training platform for doctors and surgeons has been researched by world leading institutions and published in peer reviewed journals.
Touch Surgery is integrated into over 100 residency programs in the US and is endorsed by the AO foundation, American Association for Surgery of the Hand (AASH), British Association of Plastic, Reconstructive and Aesthetic Surgeons (BAPRAS) and The Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh.
MDCalc has been the leading medical reference for the most relevant, up-to-date and widely-used clinical calculators that support evidence-based patient care. Registration is free and takes <30 seconds for full, unlimited access.
MDCalc clinical decision support is created exclusively by board-certified physicians for use by physicians, physician assistants, nurse practitioners, pharmacists, and medical students. The simple yet sleek app provides access to more than 270 easy-to-use clinical decision tools including risk scores, algorithms, equations, formulas, classifications, dosing calculators, and more.
With 55,000+ medical articles, Wikimed is the largest and most comprehensive collection of health-related articles available. It includes content on diseases, medications, anatomy, and sanitation.
As an encyclopedic medical dictionary, Wikimed is perfect for practicing physicians, as well as medicine and other healthcare students.
If you are in the developing world without access to the Internet or on a boat in the middle of nowhere you can now access one of the foremost and up-to-date medical dictionaries, for free.
Teach Me Anatomy is a comprehensive, easy to read anatomy reference. Each topic combines anatomical knowledge with high-yield clinical pearls, seamlessly bridging the gap between scholarly learning and improved patient care.
Save time in the prescribing moment
Rx and OTC monographs: pharmacology, prescribing and safety information, adult and pediatric dosing, adverse reactions, contraindications, black box warnings, pregnancy and lactation considerations, and more
★ Largest academic network for Physicians, Surgeons, and Medical students. Awarded # 1 app for Doctors by GSF-NDTV. Highest rated medical app
★ Share and learn from clinical cases
★ Largest Point of care references – Guidelines and Journal updates
Also read: Why you should chose iPad Pro over laptop as a medical student or a doctor?
Keywords: Must have apps for medical students, Important apps for medical students, best medical apps for medical students